Saturday, January 16, 2010

All settled in

Being cable/internetless this past week has been such torture. I resent the fact that I rely so heavily on these two things to keep myself content. Anyhow, I'm all moved in, bambam (my cat) and all. Not too thrilled about being on the third floor, but I could use the extra exercise.

I really like my new apartment in Amli better than the one I had in The Village. It is slightly larger, significantly newer, and has more storage space. When I lived near downtown, it was pretty rare that I would go out because everything and everyone seemed so far; I was always too lazy make the drive, and I was too far for anyone to pick me up. So I'd make up excuses to not hang out (i.e. I'm studying/tired). Not that I'm gonna be out constantly now that I'm closer to (most) everyone, but it's nice that I can enjoy simple perks such as being able to have lunch/dinner with friends. Although that's probably not in my best interest since I don't have the money nor metabolism to make eating out a habit.

Studying for the Praxis has not been fun at all. A cumulative exam of information I've learned over the past 3-4 years? It's like a gift from hell. When I was in undergrad, the night before an exam I would absorb information like a sponge, let it all out during the test, and I was convinced that I was done with that info forever - everything I had learned for that exam was pretty much kicked out of my memory bank. Little did I know, I would be reintroduced to that information (which I'm starting to think I never really learned) years later. This is terrible. My brain can only digest so much before it explodes. Studying this stuff over again has rekindled my sheer hatred for anatomy and neuroscience. Worst.. subjects.. ever.

All last semester, I had been basking in the glow of the thought that this semester would be eazy peezy, but low and behold - it is the most stressful semester I've ever had.

TBC!

MySpace Tracker