Thursday, December 17, 2009

A day in the life

Time to write a more "normal" entry. I guess everyone's definition of normal varies, but either way -- I'll definitely spare you the emotional outbursts ;)

I've been in denial for months, but I think I'm finally coming to accept the fact that my cartilage piercing is infected. It hurts like hell to sleep on my right side, and it's painful even when my shirt brushes against it as I'm changing my clothes. Totally sucks because I have such cute earrings for it :( Oh I hate when vanity issues cloud up my mind. Speaking of which, this whole dieting ordeal is getting plaaayed out. I'm done with it... for now; only because I'm on winterbreak and I feel like I deserve to indulge. But yes, I'll admit, it has been quite flattering hearing all the "skinny" comments. I'm really not all that thin, but I used to be prettttty chubby, so I appear thinner in comparison. Anyhow, I'll spend next semester back on the weight loss train. For the time being, I'll take comfort in knowing that it will take A LOT of eating to return to the point where I was before.

Mini-reunions are drawing near. This is going to sound really lame but there's excitement in every bone in my body :) I know that people change, but I hope not too much time has elapsed that they've changed drastically.. because I loved who they were & I hope I still love who they are. Although I'm pretty flexible and compatible with most anyone, now that I think about it.. from a friendship standpoint of course. Hope everything goes well. I'm about 95% sure it will.

Today I engaged in some really good conversation with the girls. I don't know why the future is always at the top of my list of conversation topics. I'm not a fan of mysteries, but I actually love the fact that I don't know where I'm going to live.. where I'm going to work... how many kids I'm going to have.. who I'm going to marry (and for now, who I'm even going to date). When some of these things crossed my mind over the past year or two, I felt stressed thinking about the uncertainty of it all. Now.. I guess my perspective has shifted a little. I realized that nothing has to be set in stone & even if I did make plans this early in my life, they would find a way to fail. And like I said, not knowing isn't always that terrible. Sometimes I need to verbally hear it from others to be reassured, but we are still young. And I think it's perfectly fine to live by "we'll cross that bridge when we get there".

MySpace Tracker