Saturday, April 3, 2010

Never settle with being content

When someone said that to me, I really took it to heart.

Last night, some friends pep-talked me into moving (almost felt like they were anxious to get rid of me :P). They told me something that I pretty much tell myself everyday: "If there were ever a time to start over, it would be now. Do it". So we went back and forth, discussing the pros and cons of various places, and I was still stuck on staying in Dallas because I'm eh okay here & a little lazy to move. So to solve this dilemma like mature adults, we flipped a coin. Heads I move, tails I stay. And yup, you guessed it -- heads 2 outta 3. But really? Is the flip of a coin going to decide my future? No. Neither coins nor my friends are going to dictate the decisions in my life because ultimately it really is up to me. And from now til graduation, I will probably update on nothing else but my current state of confusion.

In my ideal world, everything would just work itself out and I will not have to lift a finger. Alas, I don't live in an ideal world, so I guess it's time to be proactive. Game face on!

MySpace Tracker