Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And we'll both be safe til St. Patricks Day.

No way November will see our goodbye. When it comes to December, it's obvious why no one wants to be alone at Christmas time. Come January we're frozen inside, making new resolutions a hundred times. February won't you be my valentine? And we'll both be safe til St. Patrick's Day.

If I were to say I was not expecting this, it would be a boldfaced lie.

Don't sympathize with me, people! I don't need a pity party because I really am fine. It's not like those many other times when I say I'm fine but feel like I'm dying inside (ok just a smidge dramatic, but you know what I mean) -- this time is different & read my lips: I'm okay. Maybe even better than okay. Yes, it sucks to invest almost 5 years into something that just gets tossed in the can. But in my eyes, it was more like a gradual wearing out process, so it wasn't all that overwhelming. In fact, I like to think I'm handling it better than I've ever handled any breakup in the past. I somehow skipped the first 4 stages of grief and went straight to acceptance, how wonderful is that? However, let it be known that I will never ever regret following my heart all these years. And yes, I was content with telling myself "If I'm happy now, what else matters?"... but that shit aint gonna cut it anymore. It is time to think towards the future like an adult. Logic took the reigns in this case, and since me being logical is a rarity, I'm gonna milk it for all its worth.

I've reached a crucial point in my life. Not all is lost though -- I am successful, I am smart, and most of all, I am strong. I didn't know nor believe this before, but I do now.

MySpace Tracker